If carrying on by boat from Lyndhurst Lake to the upper Lyndhurst Creek, and beyond, the portage is a 500 metre portage across town. The route is marked on the map inset.
The access point on the north side of the village is at a public park on the north side ofthe bridge and main road, on the east side of the creek. The dock is down a grassy slope at a picnic area.
The first half of this section is up the sheltered and tranquil Lyndhurst Creek, and the second half is on the open waters of Lower Beverley Lake.
The Delta Mill, a central feature of the town of Delta. This grist mill was constructed in 1810 by William Jones, Today it is designated as a National Historic Site and operates as a museum for public visitors.
Click "Download Map (PDF)" link to the right to download/print guide & map of the paddle route.
The village of Lyndhurst is a good place to find provisions, lunch, treats or perhaps accommodation. Blair Cottage B&B on Jonas Street, parallel to Ford Street, would cater to paddlers.