Skip to main content

A.E. Vickery

Trail Information

Built in 1861 and launched July 1861 at Three Mile Bay, NY as 'JB Penfield' and sank August 17, 1889. This wooden three master schooner was renamed AE Vickery, February 25, 1884 and struck a rock while entering the American 'Narrows' with a cargo of 21.000 bushels of corn destined for Wisers Distillery at Prescott, ON.

Difficulties

Intermediate

Directions

Normally buoyed and located along side Rock Island Reef Light, divers can follow the buoy line into a very quick surface current onto the shoal head in 25-30' of water. The bow of the Vickery lies about 10-15' away at a depth of 65'-125'.