Launched as the "Kingston" at Montreal in 1854, she was one of the finest Canadian steamboats of her day on the Upper St. Lawrence and Lake Ontario. In 1872, she was gutted by fire while off Grenadier Island in the St. Lawrence River. Rebuilt as the Bavarian, she again burned in the fall of 1873. The iron hull, rebuilt yet again, in Power's shipyard at Kingston, was this time christened "Algerian." In 1905, she was renamed "Cornwall". Near the end of 1911, she was purchased by the Calvin Company and was converted into a well-equipped rescue vessel and used until around 1925. In the early 1930's, during a snowstorm, the stripped Cornwall was scuttled near Amherst Island.
Amherst Island, Lake Ontario, Canada
Depth: 70' (21.3 m)