The schooner William Jamieson was built in 1878 at Mill Point, Ontario. On May 15, 1923, while bound Oswego to Napanee, Ontario with 350 tons of hard coal, the schooner sprang a leak near the Ducks, and began taking on water. Captain Patrick McManus attempted to run the ship to Picton, Ontario. The schooner was abandoned in the North Channel near Amherst Island in Lake Ontario. There was no loss of life
Near Emerald, Amherst Island, Lake Ontario, Canada
The schooner lies upright in 75ft of water in the North Channel, approximately 1/4-mile due west of the north end of Barry Point, Amherst Island.