Click here for directions to the LYNDHURST HERITAGE WALKING TOUR
For more information, contact:
The Township of Leeds & The Thousand Islands
Toll Free: 1-866-220-2327
A quaint rural village, Lyndhurst is home to the oldest bridge in existence in Ontario. The village is located on the Rideau Heritage Route and is easily accessed from either Highway 15 or Country Road 42. It offers a small boat launch into Lyndhurst Creek which connects to Lower Beverley Lake. It also hosts the famous Lyndhurst Turkey Fair, held in mid-September each year. The fair features hay rides, a quilt show, silent auctions, a children's parade, antique & classic car show and much more.
Lyndhurst is home to the oldest bridge in existence in Ontario. The stone masonry constructed three span bridge, built in 1856-57, is still in regular use today. In 1986 is was structurally re-enforced with concrete with the exterior restored to it's original appearance.