Sustainability is at the heart of everything we do; learn more about the United Nations 17 Sustainable Development Goals
There are many things you can do to be sustainable in your home. This not only protects valuable resources and prevents damage to the environment, but can also save you money!
Ontario Power Authority - SaveONenergy - advice and tips on how to save energy and money.
How to Recycle Anything - a comprehensive list of places to recycle your unwanted items.
Water Waste Calculator - a water conservation tool that calculates how many liters of water faucet leaks waste per day. The tool can help environmentally conscious individuals determine how imperative it is to get a leak fixed in a timely manner. And as an added bonus, it can give individual an idea of how much the leak is costing them financially.
Thrifting Made Simple - Whether you’re new to thrifting, or want to get better at it. This guide has everything you need!
Great Resources for Kids
- Great Resources for Teachers Ontario EcoSchools is designed to help school boards and schools play their part in responding to one of the great challenges of our time: the increasingly urgent need to live more sustainably.
- Toyota Evergreen Learning Grounds helps schools create outdoor classrooms to provide students with a healthy place to play, learn and develop a genuine respect for nature.
- David Suzuki Foundation - everyday tips for living sustainably.
- Earth Day Canada helps Canadians of all ages achieve local solutions while improving the environment.
- EcoMentors gives hands-on, real-world experience working with elementary school students. Be an ecoMentor and help kids explore the planet.
- Council of Outdoor Educators of Ontario is a volunteer-based organization that promotes safe and high-quality outdoor education experiences for people of all ages.
- Green Teacher Magazine is created by and for educators to enhance environmental and global education across the curriculum at all grade levels.
- Beyond the Playground: Outdoor Activities for Kids - this page has so many great ideas for playing outside! (Special thanks to Nicole for finding this great page!)
- The Bottle Store: Ways to Reduce, Reuse and Recycle Your Plastic Bottles - Links and downloads with ideas for all ages on how to get started recycling